Lester Quiñones is staying in the Bay.
Quiñones has re-signed with the Warriors on a two-way contract, the team officially announced Monday. The Athletic's Shams Charnia first reported the news Friday, citing sources.
Quiñones was a restricted free agent this summer and was extended a two-way qualifying offer by the Warriors earlier this offseason. And after a strong summer league showing, the 22-year-old guard reportedly will remain a Warrior.
Stay in the game with the latest updates on your beloved Bay Area and California sports teams! Sign up here for our All Access Daily newsletter.
The 6-foot-4 Dominican-American guard played in all five of the Warriors' NBA Summer League contests in Las Vegas, averaging 21.6 points on 37.3-percent shooting, 4.6 rebounds 5.2 assists and 1.2 steals in 32.3 minutes played. And in the California Classic just before that in Sacramento, Quiñones averaged 23.5 points on an impressive 56.2-percent shooting from the field and even more impressive 59.0 percent from deep, three rebounds, 2.5 assists in 26.46 minutes.
After his impressive showing under the bright lights of Vegas, Quiñones told ESPN's Cassidy Hubbarth that he was happy to ball out in front of superstar Warriors teammates Steph Curry and Chris Paul.
"It just makes me go out there a little bit hard having those legends there, those GOATs, [and] having those guys as mentors," Quinones said. "Going there on the side in between plays, getting a little bit of tips from them, it just helps and it means the world, man."
The Athletic's Anthony Slater reported last week that Quiñones would be a "leading candidate" for a roster spot if the Warriors look in-house to fill their final pair of roster spots.
Golden State Warriors
After a flurry of moves this offseason, both big and small, the Warriors have two roster spots open for the 2023-24 season NBA season. Assuming they don't sign any more free agents, Quiñones could be the guy.