Programming note: Rockets-Warriors Game 2 coverage starts tonight at 6:30pm with Warriors Pregame Live on CSN Bay Area, and streaming live right here.
On Monday morning, the NBA announced that Draymond Green finished runner-up to Kawhi Leonard for Defensive Player of the Year for the second straight season.
Leonard received 84 first-place votes (5 points), 41 second-place votes (3 points), and four third-place votes (1 point) for a total of 547 points.
Draymond received 44 first-place votes, 62 second-place votes, and 15 third-place votes for a total of 421 points.
This means that Draymond was left off of nine ballots:
- Bob Rathbun, Fox Sports South -- Kawhi Leonard, Paul Millsap, DeAndre Jordan
- Cedric Maxwell, 98.5 The Sports Hub -- Kawhi Leonard, Hassan Whiteside, Avery Bradley
- David Wesley, Fox Sports New Orleans -- Hassan Whiteside, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler
- Doug Smith, The Toronto Star -- Kawhi Leonard, Andre Drummond, Avery Bradley
- Dwain Price, Ft. Worth Star Telegram -- Kawhi Leonard, Hassan Whiteside, DeAndre Jordan
- Jim Spanarkel, YES Network -- Kawhi Leonard, DeAndre Jordan, LeBron James
- Mark Followill, TXA-21/Fox Sports Net -- Kawhi Leonard, Paul Millsap, Hassan Whiteside
- Sherrod Blakely, CSNNE.com -- Kawhi Leonard, Hassan Whiteside, DeAndre Jordan
- Vince Ellis, Detroit Free Press -- Kawhi Leonard, Hassan Whiteside, Rudy Gobert
Last year, Leonard racked up 37 first place votes, 41 second-place votes and 25 third-place votes for 333 points.
Golden State Warriors
[REWIND: Draymond left off 42 Defensive Player of the Year ballots]
Draymond registered 45 first-place votes, 25 second-place votes and 17 third-place votes for 317 points.
He was left off of 42 ballots.